Skip to main navigation
Skip to site navigation
Skip to content
Degree Requirements for the Ph.D. in Plant Sciences and M.S in Botany and Plant Pathology
M.S. in Botany and Plant Pathology:
- Demonstrated proficiency in at least one of the following: plant physiology, biochemistry, anatomy and genetics. Courses taken from previous degrees will be considered.
- Plus all other requirements stated in the SBE graduate program information.
Ph.D in Plant Sciences:
- Minimum of three credits of Statistics. Options include PSE509, STS437, STS436 and other relevant graduate level special topics in statistics and bioinformatics as approved by the student’s graduate advisory committee.
- Demonstrated proficiency in plant physiology, biochemistry, genetics, and anatomy and morphology. Courses taken from previous degrees are considered based on the discretion of the graduate advisory committee.
- Two one-credit or one two-credit graduate seminars.
- Two-credit course on Ethics and Professionalism in Biology.
- Minimum of one semester of teaching experience.
- Written and oral comprehensive exams covering topics decided by the graduate advisory committee. Written and oral comprehensive exams must be taken after completion of at least 90% of the courses approved by the committee.
- Minimum required number of thesis credits.